We are glad to announce that KernelCare now supports automated live patching for Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal Fossa".
KernelCare also supports:
- KernelCare Now Supports the UEK for Oracle Linux
- KernelCare Supports CentOS 8 Automated Live Patching
- Debian 10 Automated Live Patching Support Is Live
- Proxmox 6 Automated Live Patching Support Is Live
- KernelCare Supports RHEL8 Automated Live Patching
Grab your free trial of KernelCare to protect your servers from vulnerabilities:
KernelCare is a live patching system that patches Linux kernel vulnerabilities automatically, with no reboots. It's used on over 300,000 servers, and has been used to patch servers running for 6+ years. It works with all major Linux distributions, such as RHEL, CentOS, Amazon Linux, and Ubuntu. It also interoperates with common vulnerability scanners such as Nessus, Tenable, Rapid7, and Qualys.
More about Ubuntu 20.04 “Focal Fossa”
Ubuntu 20.04 “Focal Fossa” includes plenty of new features that should delight any Linux and Ubuntu fans. This newest iteration is an LTS (Long Term Support) release, which means it will be supported until 2025. Focal Fossa is built upon the Linux 5.4 kernel.
What's included with Ubuntu 20.04:
- Wireguard VPN service, which is built-in at the kernel level and is significantly easier to set up than a traditional VPN.
- GNOME 3.36 with a boost in performance, a new Do Not Disturb button, fractional scaling, the ability to remove the dock, even more snap support in GNOME Software, more default theme variants, faster boot times, and improved ZFS support.
What's not available anymore:
- ISOs for 32-bit systems
- The Amazon app
- Python 2